home about we believe diy crafts

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Whoa December

Yes, December is a crazy month for everyone but it is even more crazy for us with celebrating Carson's birthday on the 17th and our Anniversary on the 29th.  We have the privilege of throwing those into the mix of parties, shopping, etc!

For Carson's birthday we actually attended his work party at Ruth's Chris Steak house.  This was our first time there and it was phenomenal...I can not even describe how good it was.  It was a delight getting to know Carson's co-workers better.  All are such great people and we enjoy being in their presence.  Before going to Ruth's Chris Carson opened his presents.  I surprised him with a really nice chess set and a vintage BYU shirt that he has been wanting.  We have played a couple games of chess and I will just say I am not a good contender against Carson.  There is definitely no challenge for him ha.

James was so fun this year with Christmas.  He is kind of starting to get it.  He knows who Santa is and can say his name (don't ask him to sit on his lap) but he doesn't quite understand what his role is in all this Christmas business yet. He loved seeing all the Christmas lights and decor.


Opening presents is hard work


For our Anniversary to celebrate our good ol' wooden 5th Anniversary we decided to do a little over-nighter get away up to SL.  This was the first time I left James overnight.  I have been kind of paranoid to ever do this- I know he would be fine I was just always worried about how I would do.  I can't believe I didn't do it sooner!  Ha, I handled it just fine.  It probably helped that it was just one night and I did miss him but the fun and freedom we had outweighed it :) We saw Les Mis (meh) and went to Ruth's Chris (it was so good the first time, we had to go back a week and a half later for more).  Actually we had already planned to go there and made reservations before Carson's work decided to have their party there.  Oh well.  It was delish.  We tried to stuff all that we could into our bellies but when we finally gave up we decided we would have them pack the left overs up and we'd find a homeless person in need of a good meal.  We gave it to a very appreciative homeless woman outside the temple/city creek area.  It felt good to do something nice for someone else and by giving a meal rather than giving cash, I knew my money was being put to good use.


We did a little shopping at City Creek


They had ice skating right outside our hotel.  It was beautiful with the rink and the lights on all the trees.


This month we also squeezed some time in for some Jungle Jims.  Laurie had a Groupon that she needed to use before the year was up.  Carson grew up going to this place and it was kind of fun taking James on all the kiddie rides.  He enjoyed spending time with his cousins.  And it was really funny watching Carson try to fit into the rides :)

James didn't like this one





And to end this post, I also went to a beading party this month and it was so much fun.  I was in heaven putting my creative senses together.  I came up with these two beauties.  I kind of like them :)  I gave them as gifts for Christmas but I think I need to make some more for myself.  So fun!








No comments:

Post a Comment