home about we believe diy crafts

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Life as a Toddler

James is now 21 months old...Carson hates when I tell people he is 21 months.  He thinks I should say almost two.  He wonders how long we will tell his age in months.  Makes me think of that Adam Sandler movie, Grown Ups.  Haha if you've seen it you know what part I'm referring to. My argument- he still has 3 months till then and A LOT changes with a toddler in that amount of time, but I am now humoring him.

James is now almost two.

This kid has a lot of personality.  He is so fun!  Buuuut I'm afraid the terrible two's have hit the Cullimore house hold.  I know, I know, you say 3 year olds are much worse.  Well I like to cover my ears and pretend I can't hear you ;)
Ignorance is bliss, right?

James has quite a high vocabulary for his age.  Strangers even comment on how well he communicates.  I guess that makes up for his not crawling (on hands and knees) till he was 10 months old and not walking till he was 14 months.  One day I was singing  loud and he put his finger up to his lips and said "Shhh Dada's ni-night." Carson wasn't even home from work yet. He cracks me up.

He is obsessed with trains, more specifically Thomas the Train.  He even knows all the characters names!  Maybe he watches it too much...  Though he is really good at remembering and saying names especially family (and Thomas characters).  He loves to look at pictures of our family and go through and name everyone off.  He also a few times a day will ask, "Where's so-and-so?" to which I'll answer, "Probably at school, or work, or home."  and then he'll move on to the next person and ask the same thing.  This kid even talks in his sleep...no surprise there :)  He is definitely his mother's son.

He for some reason does not like to wear his shoes (and sometimes his socks) in the car.  So we just don't ever put them on until we have arrived at our destination.  Now that it's cold outside, we get comments asking where his shoes are, to which I have to explain I'd rather not put his shoes on twice.   Speaking of shoes, he loves his snow boots and will often be found wearing them around the house.  Yes, he helps himself to this.

He is so sweet and loves to give kisses.  He often kisses his books, his stuffed animals, gives kisses toward something on the tv.

He often tells us "I pee" or "I poop" after he has gone, maybe even before sometimes.  He also has tried sitting on the toilet- he does that all on his own.  Now, I am definitely not saying he is ready for potty training.  We have a lot longer to go for that but it's interesting seeing him become more independent and aware all on his own!


He has become mama's little helper.  He says, "I help" all the time for everything.  He loves to help me cook and clean which was such a hassle in the beginning but now I embrace it and put him to work!  Before he was sort of in my way and I felt I couldn't get anything done around the house.  Now I give him a rag when I'm cleaning and he follows behind me, helps me load the washer and dryer, and stirs things for me while I'm cooking.  It takes me longer but at least I'm getting it done and I'm keeping my toddler happy while I do it.

Every day isn't always a good day.  We definitely have our struggles, but we are enjoying each day we are given.













1 comment:

  1. You guys need to get him a toy kitchen and a train table!!! Yay for trains!! Love that kid!

    ReplyDelete