home about we believe diy crafts

Friday, November 30, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

Tomorrow is December 1st...can you believe it!?  I love seeing how people decorate for the Holidays.  I'll share my decor.

We got started putting up our Christmas decor the day after Thanksgiving.  I used all that we had the last few years but added just a couple new things.

Here is how I decorated my "mantle" shelves.  I love my shelves :)
I went with a more muted white/cream theme with a few pops of the traditional Christmas greens and reds


I had everything from previous years but felt I needed something along the "Believe" blocks so I bought this garland at Hobby Lobby.  All their Christmas is 50% off this week!  Here's a close up.  I love the crystal-y winter look and love how it completes that shelf.  I then traded out my usual small wreath on the holder to the right of the "Believe" blocks with just a cute red berry one from Micheals (also 50% off).


I felt we needed a wreath on our front door.  I have been sort of looking around as I am in stores but I am not particularly fond of the traditional Christmas tree wreath look for my house.  As I was at Micheals shopping for other things, I ran across this one and had to take it home! It was exactly what I was looking for!  It may not look all that cute against an orange door but it is what it is :)


And a close up...I love close up shots :)  I love the blue beads and clear crystals in this and love how it's all glittered and frosted.


Here is our sad little Christmas tree.  We have had it since our first year married so about 4 years now and it's starting to fall apart.  It actually has been a good little tree.  I think we bought it for like 35 bucks at Target and it has served us well.  Next year we are thinking we will retire this little guy.


I love this Advent calendar I made with my MIL and SIL's last year...or was it two years ago??  It's in an old vintage Coca Cola crate.  Love.


We are almost done Christmas shopping!  I didn't hit my goal, to be completely finished by December 1st but what can you do?  I just hope I'm not one of those out Christmas eve scrambling to finish up...

I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas!


1 comment: