home about we believe diy crafts

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Halloween 2012

This year Halloween was so much fun!  Having kids makes it ten times more fun!

James is still pretty young to understand it all, especially the actual trick-or-treating part but he had a blast with all the Halloween decor, lighting the pumpkins, going to costume parades, parties, and dressing up in his puppy costume.

Since we are new in our area, we decided we would stick around our neighborhood this year so we could get to know some more people and also let James trick-or-treat around the cul-de-sac.  It took FOREVER! ha, I'm glad we only did our circle :)  He was way cute though.

I absolutely LOVE Halloween and plan to get way more into it with decorating now that we have a house of our own.  I did do a little decorating with my new shelves which I already previewed here.  And I also made this really fun Witch's Spell book.  It was super easy AND cheap! I got the idea from a very talented friend, thanks for letting me copy you Leslie!




Here's with all the decor around it


I also love to dress up.  This year since James adores puppies, I thought it'd be cute to see him go as one.  And of course I have to coordinate mine and Carson's costumes to go with James' so we went as veterinarians.  Plus it was easy since we have access to plenty of gear.

puppies heart sounds great

ward Halloween party

the lighting of the pumpkins

at cousin Addie's school parade

As I mentioned, James didn't get the whole trick-or-treating thing on Halloween day but we went to grandma and papa Cullimore's house for dinner the following Sunday and he saw their candy and all of the sudden had it all down.  He pointed to the candy and said, "trick or treat".  So we practiced for next year.  We went outside, he rang the doorbell, grandma answered, he said "trick or treat" and she handed him some candy from a basket.  He's ready for next year!

Now whenever he wants some candy he says, "I want trick or treat".  haha


2 comments: