home about we believe diy crafts

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Little Update About the Adults

I feel like we have had a busy couple of months lately, with moving into our new home, fairly new jobs, parenting busy-boy James, and just getting settled into our new community and church callings.

I knew owning a home would be hard work but wow, there really is a lot more to it than I expected, for example, sealing our front porch and backyard "deck" for the winter...what!? (I put quotations because I'm not sure if I'd go as far as calling it a deck per say, but we fit our grill on it comfortably and with it you can fit like two or three adults) And of course we still need to get blinds and a water softener...Okay, don't panic, we do have blinds (I guess you can call them that). They are those make-shift paper blinds that you get from Home Depot for like 5 bucks.  

At least we have privacy :)  

There are so many projects I have been wanting to do to make our home represent our style.  I also would just love to go out and buy a whole bunch of furniture to totally redo complete our family room and the same for our living room buuuut....budget.  

And then there's the daunting task of putting in a yard.

"It'll all come together in time, Rachelle...Simmer down." 
 I tell myself that on a daily basis :)

Carson has been super busy with his job and has been working long, crazy hours.  This has been a struggle for us both. I think we saw each other more when we were both going to school full time and working.  At times I feel like a single parent and often times I. Am. Exhausted.  I seriously don't know how single mama's do it everyday.  And I know there are a lot of my friends and family out there who have similar or harder situations than mine so I really can't complain.  

But really Carson likes his job aside from the crazy hours which won't last long anyway.  I am still working for a nearby clinic and am loving it!  And I am loving my most important job, being a mama to this sweet boy...crazy hair and all!


We are liking our neighborhood and ward.  I was called to teach Primary like two weeks after we moved in and currently teach the 11 year olds and really like it.  Carson is in nursery and definitely has his hands full.  We have 3 nurseries in our ward!  Ahhh

Despite being busy or overwhelmed, we are loving life and 
still have time for some fun.  









2 comments:

  1. James is getting so big! What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so cute! And your home is lovely. I totally understand though. It's hard to add to it a piece at a time.

    ReplyDelete