I wanted to write a separate post from James' birthday about James at this age, what he is doing and his stats etc.
We haven't gone to the doctor yet for his year checkup but I took him in for an ear infection a week and a half ago and he was 20 lb and we measured him at home today and he's 29 in long.
James has become very busy in the last few months! He is still not "officially" crawling like on hands and knees. He's still doing his army crawl, but he's pretty dang good at it and can really get hauling! :) I would consider that crawling since he can get where he wants to. I actually have seen him get up on his hands and knees and shuffle so he's capable, I guess he just prefers the army crawl. He is now walking with assistance from us and furniture. He's getting pretty brave with it too, starting to do it one handed. With all this extra mobility, comes lots of bumps and bruises though which is so sad :( but I guess that comes with learning.
Here are a few other things he's doing or enjoys:
- He gives kisses
- He likes "Itsy Bitsy Spider"
- Loves to roll objects and chase them
- loves to play in the refrigerator and dishwasher
- loves toy cars and just about anything with wheels
- His ears are sensitive (they are ticklish)
- likes it when mommy and daddy kiss
- Holds phones up to his ear
- He can drink out of our Camel Back water bottles that have the straw
- He is super friendly and likes to wave at other little kids
- likes to take things out of their container and then put them back in again
- sneezes when he first gets in the sunlight pretty much every time (just like mommy)
- is starting to babble a lot, he even gets into his conversation with his hands
- is intrigued/scared at the same time of the ceiling fan
- for the longest time he would just put his hand out to point to things, but he now points with his finger
- loves to swing and slide down slides at the park





He's a big boy now! According to what Josh is learning in PT school, army crawling style is called crawling and hands and knees crawling is called creeping. So that means that James is crawling! :) He'll be off and walking in no time.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh - Doug sneezes every time he goes out into sunlight and Molly does now too!! How weird, I thought it was just Doug. Too funny
ReplyDelete