home about we believe diy crafts

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Giving Blood




So I have never given blood in my life...and I have no reason not to. I'm not afraid of needles and I have no infectious diseases. Carson's work was having a blood drive so he signed us up for it. I'll admit, I was a little nervous when I laid down and they were getting me hooked up but I found it really isn't that bad. I was a quick bleeder and was done in roughly 10-15 min. Afterward I felt pretty ok. The only side effect I felt was my heart sped up quite a bit and made me short of breath for like an hour but other than that it went well...no passing out! So I'm proud to be a blood donor and I think I'll do it more often! I'm excited to find out what blood type I am, I tested it in an Anatomy class I had back in the day but I've forgotten and having taken my Anatomy/Physiology classes I'm interested to find out because I know what it all means :)

4 comments:

  1. Apparently there are a lot of health benefits to donating blood. So, double way to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky that they still allow you to give blood. I had sex with an African in 1976 so I am disqualified for life. If only I'd known the lasting consequences, I wouldn't have been so reckless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job donating blood. Rachelle, I really like your hair that color. It looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I know you have a blog now and can read it!

    P.S. You should update it though : )

    ReplyDelete