Well my baby is 6 months and my other not-so-baby-anymore turned 3 yesterday! Seriously, where is the time going?
James at three:
James is a handful. He is full of life and full of energy. He definitely keeps us busy!
![]() |
| His UFO he made |
He is perfectly content in-doors playing with cars, airplanes, or watching a show or movie. But he absolutely LOVES to be outside. We are busy putting in our yard so he loves to be out there in the dirt....we don't like it so much buuuut what can you do? We dump out handfuls of dirt out of his shoes every time he comes inside. I can't wait to get grass in haha!
He is now at the age where he likes to play with friends. It is so cute to see him outside running around or riding bikes with his little friends. They are so fun to watch. He loves to play with his cousins and just adores all of them!
Biggest milestone this year for him, he learned how to peddle! He taught himself. He hopped on his bike for the first time this Spring and just started going haha. I was so shocked and so proud. He still pushes off the ground just out of ease and habit but he's got it!
Welp, we gave up the binky....last week actually. I did it pretty drastically and spontaneously and I actually probably didn't go about it in the best way but it's done ha! I was trying to get him to nap one day and we allow him to have his binky during naps and bedtime. This particular day he was not napping so I told him, "If you don't nap, then I'm taking away your binky since that is why we give it to you." Something we threatened often. He didn't nap so I got frustrated and followed through with my threat and cut his binkies right in front of him. He cried. He asked for it at bedtime that night and the next morning was wondering about it but since then he hasn't mentioned a word about it. Last week was ROUGH though as far as sleeping during the night went! It took us like an hour plus to get him to actually stay in bed and one night he slept horrible so we are all playing catch up but I think we're on the up swing. There were SO many times I just wanted to give in and give him a binky (I found one I didn't cut up) but I'm glad I didn't. I felt so horrible how I went about it, that I let anger persuade my actions and I took away something that was so special to him in such a callused way....I cried to Carson that night and I still feel bad about it but the sweet boy seems to be doing ok. Amazing how forgiving our children are of us. Something I need on a daily basis.
The biggest downside to giving up the binky.....no more naps :( I knew this would happen hence the reason he had a binky until he was three ;) Little stinker definitely still needs one but will not do it.
He is still quite the talker and just chats it up. Sometimes he is so funny with the things he says. The latest one we like is when we ask him if he wants something and he doesn't, he'll think about it and say, "Hmmm no fanks." sometimes he has great manners, other times far from it! We asked him before church on Sunday what his favorite thing about nursery is and his response was the name of a little girl in our ward. Haha he likes the ladies ;) Sometimes he'll say something and I have no clue what the heck he is talking about and then we will be watching a movie and I'll recognize that he was quoting the movie! So funny what kids pick up! At night when we put him to bed we'll say, "I love you." and he'll say it back then we'll say, "I love you more." and he'll say it back then we say, "I love you times infinity." and he'll say, "I love you to infinity and beyond!" Today I told him, "You're such a big kid!" He said, "I'm not a big kid!" I asked, "Well, then what are you?" His response, "A strawberry." He cracks me up.
He loves our little play date outings especially the Hogle Zoo and Kangaroo Zoo. He loved Seven Peaks last year so we can't wait to take him again this year.
He still absolutely LOVES his little brother and just smothers him with hugs and kisses all. day. long. He loves to help take care of Stockton and sometimes even lets him play with his toys.
![]() |
| Reading to Stockton- this melts my heart. |
![]() |
| One of my favorites |
Happy birthday Jamesy. We love you SO much!

















Happy Birthday James!!
ReplyDelete