home about we believe diy crafts

Friday, January 24, 2014

Baby Training

Holy Hannah did things get 10x harder with two than I expected!  And all in a matter of a couple of weeks!

So I'm sitting here telling people, "Oh it's really not that hard."  "It's not too much different than having just one." "We are adjusting really well."

Well that drastically changed a few weeks ago and I'm sure it has to do with Stockton getting older and needing a set schedule.  James set himself on a schedule with little to no training and after reading books, he set himself on the schedule that all of the books suggested.  So silly me, I guess I just figured Stockton would do the same.  Stockton does seem to have the same temperament as James when he was a baby anyway but I need to remember they are not the same child haha.

For a couple weeks James followed me around being his normal, noisy two-year old self, which made it extremely difficult to get Stockton to nap.  I felt like a horrible mother to James because I would spend hours trying to get Stockton to nap, constantly having to shoo James into the other room so he wouldn't wake up the baby.   Needless to say, I was losing it.  Luckily Stockton has been sleeping through the night since about 8 weeks so that wasn't a problem, it was just naps during the day we were struggling with.  The poor babe was exhausted.  I was exhausted. And poor James was being neglected (at least in my eyes).

But let me tell you, white noise and the "eat, play, sleep" schedule saved my sanity!

It took about three days of letting Stockton cry it out when I put him down for a nap which broke my heart every time but after day three we started seeing some improvement.  Now I am happy to say he is on a schedule and it has made ALL of our lives so much better!  There were a lot of tears shed for a few weeks there when things seemed so chaotic.  I had a lot of advice and a lot of people who held my hand through the process, checking up on me daily etc.  I am so grateful for the support of other mothers.  It really does take a village to raise a child!

I never realized I would have to do this, at least not that soon.  I'm SO glad I did.  I just wish I would've done it sooner.  Just goes to show just because I already have one child doesn't mean I know everything :)  Every child is different.

It's kind of blurry but I love this picture



This boy may not like a binky but he sure loves to suck on his hands







2 comments:

  1. I believe in the eat, play, sleep routine as well. It seems to be working for Sam... fingers crossed. I'm happy that Stockton is getting on a good schedule now.

    ReplyDelete