On Thanksgiving day we woke up bright and early to head up to Cottonwood Heights for the annual "Beat the Mayor 5k". I usually
way to go Cars!
I was in the car nursing during the family pic :(
We stayed up in Salt Lake to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with our immediate Cullimore family. I tried my hand at making my dad's famous candied yams and I think they turned out pretty well especially for the first time. I sure do love Thanksgiving food and all the family time.
Friday (no, we did not hit up any Black Friday shopping...or is it Black Thursday now?- we're not nuts) we went out to breakfast at Ihop just our little family. Later that evening we went to the Blackham's annual "Lighting of the Leg Lamp" celebration where Clay busts out his famous homemade donuts. James was afraid of the lamp. Silly boy. He talks about it daily, often when he first wakes up...I wonder if he dreams about it ;)
Staying warm with "The green Baga" - James refers to Laurie this way because she has a green front door ;)
Giraffe slippers. So cute.
Saturday we got together for our niece, Addie's baptism. She is the oldest niece on Carson's side. It was so neat to be able to be there for her special day. It was hilarious, all the kids went up front to have a closer look and when Addie went under the water, Sam, Addie's one year old brother screamed "Whoa!" and kept squealing with delight. It was so stinking cute. Everyone had a good laugh. Afterward, James kept talking about how pretty Addie was and that she was a "white princess". He's such a gentleman.
Later that evening we went up to SL for a get-together with the Cook side of the family at grandma Cook's house. We had a great time with everyone. Grandpa Cook passed away two years ago on Thanksgiving and we miss him every day. It must be hard for grandma this time of year. We love her and are glad we were able to spend some time with her and the whole family during this time.
Sunday we gathered once again, this time to bless Stockton. Carson was able to give him his first Father's Blessing. It was very special. I am so grateful to have the Priesthood in my family and that Carson can exercise it. Afterward, we had everyone over to our house for a little luncheon. It was a perfect day.













No comments:
Post a Comment