I was just thinking the other day, although we are adjusting well, our life over here is definitely not the same. I have to figure out new ways to go about my day dealing with a toddler AND a newborn. A few thoughts as I go about my day:
- I am constantly doing laundry- Stockton likes to save his poops for one LARGE blowout! The past week we have had at least one blowout a day
- I am constantly pre-treating blow out stains
- I am constantly washing my hands between changing two kiddos in diapers, pre-treating blow out stains, just washing every so often to keep yucky germs away, doing dishes, cleaning the house...my hands are CHAPPED!
- I am so worried about having a newborn during this time of year- especially with Croup going around. Praying real hard it stays away :/
- I have to let Stockton cry a lot while I'm tending to James' needs. I hardly ever let James cry when he was a newborn- that kid had it pretty good. Stockton is learning to be tough ;)
- James colored on the tile the other day! Update: Now twice ha! Luckily it was with crayon and it came right off but I am learning why other parents tell you not to have nice things with kids ;) I definitely have less time to watch him closely.
- My house is pretty much always a mess with toys strewn all about (but I'll take the clutter over the crayon scribbles any day).
- We watch Netflix A LOT!
- I am lucky that James and Stockton generally take a long nap at the same time in the afternoon. I really should nap during that time, and I often do, but I also often get distracted by all the things I need to do around the house or I decide to do things I enjoy that I otherwise wouldn't be able to do when they're awake (like blogging).
- I miss uninterrupted sleep during the night. Update: Stockton has now slept through the night TWO nights in a row! I'm hoping this is a new habit :) Although, I'm maybe even more tired the last couple of days because my body isn't used to getting this much sleep haha.
- I enjoy my one-on-one time with James that much more now with two.
- Subsequently, I enjoy when James goes to bed and I have a couple hours to enjoy snuggling with Stockton.
- I've had to feed Stockton on the go quite a few times. I'm glad James is patient with me.
- I am always having to tell James to be soft. He gets excited and pats Stockton harder than we'd like or he'll knock on his head haha.
- Getting a shower in is difficult. I often just go without one if I can get away with it.
- My back is KILLING me! I think it's from nursing because I hunch over or maybe from lugging around two kiddos...or probably both
Keeping Stockton safe from James is seriously the hardest part about having a toddler and a newborn. I feel so bad having to constantly tell James to be soft or be careful or get after him if he isn't. I feel like I have to watch James like a hawk and can't set Stockton down and turn my back for even a second for fear James will accidentally harm him. I swear when I do set him down, James bolts from across the room to love on him.
Things are definitely a little more challenging but of course I wouldn't have it any other way. It really has been a fairly easy adjustment so I can't really complain. At the same time we definitely have those days where I just feel like giving up, but who doesn't?
I can not believe how quickly time is going by! Christmas will be here in just 3 short weeks ahhhh! I absolutely HATE crowds so we are doing most of our Christmas shopping online. We've done that the last couple years. Love it.
Look at this adorable Zebra beanie!
We were able to get out and go to the Dinosaur Museum. This was a week or so ago and ever since then James has been talking about wanting to go to the "dinosaur zoo" again.








Busy Mama! I am getting nervous about having two.
ReplyDeleteI love your blog. I love how you're so honest and I like hearing how life really is with two (in case I ever decide to have another ;)) Thanks for posting! Love you and your sweet family!
ReplyDelete