home about we believe diy crafts

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

And Summer Continues...

Wow we have had a cuh-RAZY start to July.  In fact, I can't believe we're already halfway into the second week.  The beginning of July is usually pretty busy for us with the 4th of July holiday and the Cook reunion every year during this time but I absolutely love it, as tiring as it is.

Actually leading into July was crazy.  The end of June we had something going on pretty much every day.  A while back I had purchased some City Deals or what-have-you for the Children's Museum at Gateway (we've never been) and then forgot about them.  Oops.  Luckily Courtney also purchased some and informed me they expired at the end of June (it was already June when we realized this).  So we planned a little outing and invited Emily to join.  It was such a cute place!  I can't believe we had never gone before.  James absolutely loved it and it was fun seeing him "discover".






I went a little overboard when buying the coupons and bought 4 of them. So since they were going to expire that week, James and I decided to go on a little date that Wednesday and went back up to play :)



Also, end of June we went to the Riverton splash pad with a friend of mine from work and her little girl.  It was a lot of fun!



Then July hit.  Clayton and Brandi and their kids were in town for the festivities.  They live in California so it was nice to get to spend time with them.  We did stuff pretty much every day but I'll only highlight a few. July 1st I watched my sister's kids pretty much the whole day and took them with us up to the Aquarium in Sandy to meet up with the Cullimore's.  Then we went back to my sister's house to swim. We then met up with the Cullimore's at Brick Oven to celebrate Chris' birthday.





I had to work on the 3rd so James had a sleepover with all of his cousins the night of the 2nd over at baga Cullimore's house!  This was his first real sleepover and he did great! He got to play with baga and Lexy the next day while I worked. 



On the 4th we went to our neighborhood breakfast then to my parent's house to celebrate with my family.  He loved the fireworks (though some of them were loud).  He keeps asking for fireworks now :)




On the 5th we went up to SL and played at Jungle Jim's then started the Cook reunion with the traditional Oakley Rodeo.  We were so glad that Cardin could come from Missouri to spend the weekend with us!  





The 6th we continued the Cook reunion with visiting grandpa Cook's grave (I'm bummed I didn't get a pic of us by his beautiful headstone) and then we headed over to a park where we set up the giant slip n slide and ate and enjoyed everyone's company.  We were also hit with a huge rain storm that drove us into the pavilion and even flooded that!  James thoroughly enjoyed stomping in the huge puddles and getting dirty.  Such a boy :)




Carson HAD to buy James a (some-what) matching tank top.  Haha oh boy ;)



On the 7th we visited Laurie and Kelvyn's ward where Clayton blessed baby Cael.  We had a nice luncheon afterward.  I sadly didn't get a pic of Clayton and Brandi's family :(  

On the 9th we went to the zoo with all the Cullimore cousins and any adults who could.  It was HOT!  The kids loved seeing the animals though.  We got to say good-bye to Clayton and Brandi and their kids as they were to head back home the next day.  I didn't get any good pictures.  

So crazy that it's already July 10th!  We had a fun and busy two weeks.  I love spending time with the ones I love.  What great memories.

This is how a lot of our naps went

And James and I slept in till 9:45am this morning!  We are both pooped! 


















1 comment:

  1. Busy week!!! I need to get your pictures from Jungle Jims and I'll send you mine from the zoo! I love the pics of James at the CM waiting for them to "scan" his groceries! Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete