home about we believe diy crafts

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

3rd Trimester

I am currently 28 weeks pregnant which means I am officially in the 3rd trimester! Man oh man do I really only have less than 3 months left?  It is going by so quickly now and I still feel like there is so much I want to get done before he comes!

Here I am at 28 weeks



What's been going on lately as far as pregnancy goes?

It is HOT!  With James I was pregnant through the Winter which is SO much easier!  I feel like I have so many layers (and I probably do with the maternity pants etc).  August is going to be hard, just sayin.

I feel HUGE, though people tell me they can't believe how small I am, I still feel huge and I have 12 more weeks to go!  I do think I am about the size I was with James at the stage, maybe smaller.  I thought for sure with the second I'd be humungo especially because I started showing earlier.  Maybe this baby will be a little smaller (not a bad thing at all) haha.  Sleeping is hard and has been for a few weeks now.  I've had bad restless legs which makes it hard but now even just turning over is difficult and wakes me up.  I feel like a beached whale turning over...thwump!  haha

One difference from James is that I don't get the leg cramps like I did...oh those were bad, often with me waking up screaming in the middle of the night scaring Carson half to death.  This would happen a few nights a week.  This time I've only had a few nights where I've woken up with them but can quietly get them to go away.

I have been having braxton hicks contractions since about 22 or 23 weeks which I was thinking was sort of odd (not to the point I was concerned).  With James I started feeling them at about 28 weeks which I think was even early.  But it was interesting, I went for my last OB appointment at 24 weeks and he asked if I've been having any contractions.  I said, "Yes...." He asked,"Did you have them early on with your last pregnancy?"  I told him I started having them at 28 weeks.  He nodded and said, "Ok, yeah.  Generally if you feel them sooner with your first, you'll get them even earlier the second time around.  Nothing to be concerned about."  So that's good.  Though the further along I'm getting, the more uncomfortable and some-what painful they are becoming.  Gearing up for show time I guess!

I am having a couple kind of odd symptoms.  One being the soles of my feet and the palms of my hands are often itchy and really really warm.  Doctor said it's nothing to be concerned about.  Also my left foot in a certain spot in my arch has been really sore since like week 20.  So needless to say, standing or walking around for long periods of time is not ideal :)

This little one is a mover especially at night!  This better not be a sign of how he'll be outside of my tummy ;)  He is already in my ribs quite a bit.  James never hung out in my ribs, I don't even remember it really being a problem in the last few weeks of gestation.  Maybe a little, but not like this one!

I really do enjoy being pregnant even with all the symptoms and extra layers.  I mean, so far I have had two excellent pregnancies with no complications and nausea so I can not complain!

I am now starting to see the doctor every two weeks instead of monthly so it's getting close!!

We have I think narrowed down the names to two but can't decide from there.  It may come down to deciding on a name when we meet him.

We are getting ready to clear out James' old room where the crib is.  Currently we have all his toys in there so it's sort of his play room.  We bought a few scrap pieces of carpet and laid them out downstairs in our basement and that is where all the toys will go.  I wish we had a finished basement or at least the family room but we'll make do.  James likes to go downstairs and play but only with one of us so with moving his toys down there we may just be hanging out down in our unfinished basement most of the day!  We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment