We had a blast! If anyone knows about HVGC it is not like regular ol' camping. They have cabins with electricity and bunk beds (you have to provide your own mat and stuff....which is good anyway), a gas grill, a pantry area with a fridge (that is behind a heavy duty door of course so not to attract bears), flushing toilets, and yes...HOT showers! Ohhhh it's rough I'll tell ya.
This year there is a fire ban that has sort of been on and off (mostly on) and we were hoping they'd lift it for us since we had quite a bit of rain the weekend before....nope. So that was sort of sad, that's the whole fun of camping is the campfire but we made do and roasted our marshmallows over bricketts :) Hey, at least we didn't come home smelling like a campfire so that's a plus. Also I'd rather it be there overall because of the issues we've been having this year with wildfires. Better safe than sorry!
We had lots of fun hiking, playing horse shoes, volleyball, making kids crafts, and just enjoying each others company. This campground is awesome, it is maintained and run by missionary couples. My mom kept saying she wanted to put in for a mission there. I agree, I think it'd be fun!
They have lots of challenge courses that you do in groups that are really fun. And lots of "thrill rides" if you will. Last year we did a giant zip line (my first ever...and I'm not gonna lie, I was scared). This year we did this swing where they put you in a harness and hoist you up to the top of this tree (not sure how high, but it was high enough) and let you go. It was nuts! James even got to ride it...well not entirely, they harnessed the little ones and just let them hang and they'd push them like a regular ol' swing. James was so cute :) They made everyone stay back behind ropes except for one parent and so Carson went out while I took pics. It looked like James was scared to death, he was gripping the rope but Carson said he was smiling. I have another picture of James being harnessed up and it is so precious but its on my Mom's camera. I've been hounding my parents to send it to me but they are taking forever so I'll just share it when I get it :)
| James on the swing...hanging on for dear life. |
| at the game |





No comments:
Post a Comment