home about we believe diy crafts

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day

This is technically my second Mother's Day as a mother but last year I was so new at it with James being only a month old, I was still trying to get into the "mother mode".

This year was much more rewarding.  James was a gem at church, well really the whole day.  It was the first Sunday in months we didn't have to take him out during sacrament, woohoo!  (this has definitely been a struggle for me).

As we were heading to our Sunday school class and Carson was finishing up some Executive Secretary stuff, we overheard the primary presidency telling our bishop that they didn't have any children today and had prepared a great lesson.  Carson quickly offered up James so they could still have nursery (that Carson...always looking out for other people).  They happily agreed to the offer! So at 13 months old, James went to nursery for the first time (they usually don't go to nursery until 18 months for those of you who don't know).  Yay for married-student wards haha!  There's another little boy in our ward that is James' age so they took him too.  It was SO nice to be able to listen to a full lesson.  It was a really good one too!

It's hard to see and turned because of how I took it on my phone, but this is a pic that James drew in nursery

look at those chubby hands!

Later in the evening we went over to my parents to eat dinner and celebrate with the fam.  It was such a nice, relaxing evening.

For Mother's Day Carson surprised me with some beautiful flowers Saturday evening and I got a long awaited Kitchen aid mixer for my birthday/Mother's Day!  I opened it last week for my birthday and have tested out making cookies and I am LOVING it!  James is scared of it, but what isn't he scared of?  Haha, he's a tender boy :)

2 comments:

  1. Nursery is amazing!!! It's a rough transition but I think the earlier the better so James has a great head start. Even if it was just for one day :)

    ReplyDelete