We have big news!!...first of all, no, I am not pregnant. That would be scary.
WE ARE BUILDING A HOUSE!
We have been looking into building or buying a house since December and have decided to build in Saratoga Springs! We will be in a nice neighborhood with a beautiful view of Mt. Timpanogos and the lake below it.
It is a just over 3200 sq. ft. rambler style house with 1620 sq. ft. of it finished. We will finish the basement later on down the road. Initially it will have 3 bedrooms and 2 and 1/2 baths with the potential to have 3 more bedrooms and 1 more bath downstairs.
This is further away from where Carson works but there are so many incentives to build out in Saratoga Springs and we are getting a great deal on the house itself so even though Carson's commute will be longer (about 35 min), we figure it is well worth it. And hopefully the I-15 core project in Utah County will be done soon!
 |
| The beginnings...just a big hole in the ground: May 11th |
 |
| The footings are poured: May 14th |
 |
| Foundation is up! The back of the house: May 19th |
 |
| Basement walls are up! Back of the house: May 26th |
 |
| Front of the house, standing in the garage: May 26th |
That is so exciting! Maybe we will be neighbors, we have looked at some places out there. You will need to tell me more about these building incentives... maybe we should go that route too! Good luck with everything! :)
ReplyDeletecongrats! super exciting
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I guess this means you won't be moving to DC anytime soon... But that's okay. I'm excited for you anyway! Now I will have a place to stay when I come visit Utah.
ReplyDeleteSo exciting!!! I can't wait to come visit :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats that is so exciting! Can't wait to see the finished product!!
ReplyDelete