home about we believe diy crafts

Monday, October 3, 2011

Conference Weekend

We had a busy weekend but it was packed with lots of fun!

I had early morning ICU rotation last week in clinicals starting at 5am and my week actually started on Sunday (Sept. 25).  I usually do every Saturday but since my rotation that week had Sunday as my weekend I was finished by Wednesday and had the whole conference weekend to spend with my family!  It was so nice being able to spend a Saturday with Carson and James.

Saturday morning Carson and I enjoyed breakfast at Kneaders....french toast....yum!  Then we made it home just in time for conference.  It was so nice being able to catch all of conference this time.  For the past 4 years I have either worked or had clinicals on one or both of the days.  Though I still had my distractions...having a baby makes it hard to concentrate and not get pulled away.

After the first session we hopped in the car and made our way up to Cottonwood Heights area where Carson's family lives.  We had to stop by Fashion Place mall first to go to the Apple store to see what they could do about my phone....yes, I dropped it (not the first time) and the screen shattered.  We did not expect that they would replace it.  Even though we have Apple Care, it does not cover screens.  But to our surprise we got it replaced for FREE!  So I have a brand new iPhone with a nice, clear screen (I was having trouble playing "hanging with friends"...my I's looked like T's etc...major problem)!

Later that evening the boys attended Priesthood session (with the exception of James and my 2 year old nephew, Will).  And the women stayed home to do our traditional "craft night".  This time we made wreaths to go on the front door.  They are super cute!  They are reversible so on the other side of mine it is painted purple and says, "Welcome" to display year round and the ribbon will be changed out.  Fun Idea!  The boys came back and we had a yummy meal.  By the time we were finished with everything it was 10pm WAY past James' bed time so we hustled home to put him to bed.
it turned out really cute!

Sunday morning it was nice to sleep in and we watched the morning session together then in between sessions, went up to the Cullimore's again for their traditional "omelettes on conference Sunday".  We watched the last session of conference there and then went down to my parents in Orem for dinner with the whole family.  We also had an intense game or two of steal the flag (a favorite) after dinner.  By 8pm we were pooped from the fun-filled weekend so we came home early, bathed James, and put him to bed ON TIME (poor little guy).

watching conference Sunday evening

We had a very enjoyable weekend.  I love being able to spend time with my family and to be able to hear the words of our Prophet and other church leaders.  I can not wait for the Ensign to come out next month so I can read them over again.  I am thrilled they are restoring the Provo Tabernacle as a temple!  So didn't see that one coming.  What a wonderful blessing to come out of something so terrible.

2 comments:

  1. Great news about your phone! Guess you got a nice guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your collage! It looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete