home about we believe diy crafts

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

EyeV and Malaga Spain






Since the wedding, most of our time has been filled with school and work which bores me even thinking about it. However, we have had a couple of exciting things happen.

Early evening on the first Saturday in March, I had come home from a day working at the gas station. Next to our little home we have an old, cruddy shed. Every time the wind blows, it takes the doors right off of the shed. So when I came home and noticed the doors off again I decided I would just stick them inside the shed and leave them in there. I put them and the back of the shed and as I turned around I ran into a hook(most likely to hang tools from) that was hanging from the ceiling. The hook caught me in the eye. Frightened I checked to make sure I still had an eye, then I made sure I wasn't blind.

About 30 seconds later, Rachelle got home from work. We decided we had better get me to a doctor, so we went to an instacare. They checked it out and found I had an abrasion on the outside of my eye lid. They decided to flush my eye out with water to make sure there was nothing in my eye. This may have been the weirdest experience I've ever had. I had basically a plastic contact lens , which was hooked to an I.V., placed in my eye. Then I had water running into my eye for the next 15 minutes. It felt weird. But everything turned out okay and healed up just fine.

Rachelle's little brother Rob left on his mission on April 9, 2008, to the Spain Malaga Mission. It was fun to spend some time with him before he left and now we are excited to hear about his future adventures. We are excited for him to come home, but we are glad he is out serving the Lord.

4 comments:

  1. I still can't believe your eye made it through that- especially after seeing that hook! Nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIKES! I'll remember to keep my eyes away from hooks. That looks PAINFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carson it's Marissa I found your blog through Brianne's! Sweet Blog! Umm your eye looks painful I hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like it hurt! Glad you are ok!! :)

    ReplyDelete