home about we believe diy crafts

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Engagement

We got engaged September 9, 2007. I need to thank my parents, especially my Dad, for the great acting, which helped us surprise Rachelle.

While preparing for dinner that Sunday evening my dad purposely burnt some garlic bread in the oven. So after that we continued on with dinner as usual. But shortly after the prayer we heard sirens outside and we looked to find a Fire Truck. My Mom(the Relief Society President) started saying I hope its not for someone in the ward. It soon became apparent that the firemen were coming to our home. My dad answered the door, the firemen said they had reports of smoke coming from our home. My dad explained to them that he burned some bread and we are fine. The firemen explained that it is standard procedure to do a walk through of the house just in case. They had us all go out onto the lawn while they checked out the house.

When they finished walking through the house, they brought the pan of bread out with them when they came and brought the ring on the pan. I grabbed the ring and proposed. She was caught off guard and she said yes! My brother in law Clay had his video camera and caught the whole thing on tape. If I can figure out how to do it I will put the video on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment