As I posted before, July was a crazy month but it was also such a fun month! It went by so quick. Here we are already at Aug. 1st! Here are the highlights from the rest of the month:
We took James to the pet store. Out of all the animals there, he liked the fish the most...really kid? The kitties were pretty cute and active though. They kept jumping on each other and it was fun watching them.
James had his first haircut by a professional. I have been cutting his hair which wasn't perfect but it was definitely cheap. Well, we let it get too long and I just didn't know what to do with it. I tried to remedy but it was disastrous so I took him to Cookie Cutters which was such a great place to take small kiddos. He did so well.
He chose the pink car to sit in???
Not so sure about this...
there's the tears. He actually did really well for a while. This was near the end and I think he was just done with it.
Our friends from our old married-student ward were in town and got a bunch of us together for a bbq. It was so nice to see all of these guys again!
On the 24th we went to 7 Peaks. We have a Pass of All Passes and James and I have gone this Summer but Carson has never been before. He had the day off so we took advantage of that and really enjoyed the day there. James surprisingly liked the "tunnels" aka slides. He especially liked "Cave In" which is a completely closed in slide and is very dark, never would've thought he'd like that one. I even went down a few rides :)
Later that night we went up to Cottonwood Heights for Butlerville Days. It was HOT and poor Carson and many of his family were out in the heat passing out Otter Pops for the "Re-Election" campaign and participating in and watching the parade.
During the firework show, James kept jumping from lap to lap. He LOVES fireworks and loved watching them with his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
Every Thursday in July Courtney and I have been going to a sewing class. Laurie was so kind to buy us each a sewing machine along with some sewing classes and offered to watch our kids while we attended the classes. We had a lot of fun! James is so proud of the things I have made. It's so funny, he loves to show them off when people come over. He'll say, "Momma made this. Momma sew." I love that he's so proud of me. Such a sweet boy :)
I think our August is going to be a little more mellow. It'll be nice to take it easy. I am really starting to get uncomfortable and tired in my pregnancy.




















No comments:
Post a Comment