home about we believe diy crafts

Monday, July 23, 2012

4th of July

The week of the Independence Day holiday is always quite a busy one for us but it is one of our most favorite times of the year!

The week started on Monday the 2nd with a fun trip to the zoo. Laurie, Emily, and myself took Courtney's kids (she stayed home to spend some one-on-one time with baby Sam), Lexi (Brandi and Clayton's little girl), and James.  We had tons of fun seeing the big Polar Bear in his new habitat they have re-modeled!

riding the train at the zoo

Carson not only had the 4th off, but was able to get the rest of the week of as well!  On the 4th we enjoyed spending time with my family where we woke up at 6am to go to the Balloon Festival right around the corner from our house.  We most definitely came home after that and all three crashed for two hours!  We enjoyed an afternoon BBQ with my family and enjoyed their company.  Later that evening we came home to watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks from our backyard with my sister, Lisa and a friend and Carson's brother Chris and his wife, Emily as well!  Carson insisted James stay up to watch the fireworks. I was not too keen on the idea seeing as they didn't start till 2 hours after his bedtime! He does really like fireworks though so I gave in.  He really enjoyed them but was super tired.  Chris was trying to play with him afterword and he just sat there staring into space.  Poor little guy. 


at the balloon fest...not sure what to think


eating donuts and chocolate milk at the balloon fest


Thursday we had a chance to do some professional pictures.  Carson's mom wanted pics with all five grandkids (boy was that a hoot to watch).  We were also able to get some shots of our little family of three!  They turned out way cute!  We don't have them quite yet, but will definitely share once we do.  We stayed up in SL that whole day because later in the evening we celebrated Lexi's 1st birthday!  She's such a cutie.  I can't believe how fast these kids grow up!


Friday kicked off the Cook reunion (Carson's mom's side).  We always start it off with attending the Oakley Rodeo.  This is the first and actually the only rodeo I've ever been to and I have enjoyed going the last 6 years.  James seemed to enjoy it too (lots more than last year).  We had a super cute cowboy hat that we were going to have him wear but could not find it! I was pretty bummed.  We looked EVERYWHERE!  I'm sure it'll turn up while we're packing.  I made Carson's favorite and a must-have at the Rodeo, his chex mix. Cardin and Mitch came into town for the weekend.  They are in Alabama selling security systems for the Summer. We are so glad they could come and we could have the whole family together!






Saturday we continued with the Cook reunion and met everyone at a park up in SL where we played fun games, ate good food, did our traditional giant slip n' slide, played volleyball, horse shoes, tennis (well we didn't play this but others did), and just enjoyed each others' company.  It was and always is so much fun!  I married into the best family!


going down the slip n' slide with daddy


he didn't like it


he did like splashing in the puddle at the end with Papa though


We had so much fun together, Court and Clay decided Sunday was a perfect time to bless little Sam. ;)  I was so happy to be able to hold baby Sam for the first time since the hospital.  I had been staying away from him because James had Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease a week or two prior.  No fun!  


I love celebrating the 4th!  I love being around my family during this time of year.  I love my Country and being able to have my freedom.  I am so grateful for the men and women who work so hard to provide that for me.  Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment