So as I've mentioned before, I was hired on by the hospital where I did my clinical rotations as prn (as needed). They like to hire the senior students after they get their limited license to give them an opportunity to kind of start them off and use them to cover vacations and such. This is usually a temporary thing because each year they do the same thing with the senior students so it pretty much just fizzles out and/or the students graduate and get other jobs elsewhere.
I figured I would just work as prn at the hospital until I stopped getting calls to come in and then I'd just quit and be strictly a stay at home mom. I was sort of bummed by this idea. I wanted to be able to utilize my skills that I worked so hard to gain but was definitely not looking for a full time job, after all my main priority is to be at home with James.
Well, I recently had an opportunity drop in my lap! I was offered a position with a clinic in Saratoga Springs working every Friday! Perfect, one day a week. I can do that! And it works so perfect with us moving out there soon. I will also be covering peoples vacations here and there at other affiliated clinics in Lehi and American Fork.
Last week I had my training. It was Monday through Friday 8-5:30 (sometimes 6) every day, boy was that hard! Props to moms who work full time, yikes! Again, I am so grateful for my family who stepped in to help and were more than happy. I was dreading the week beforehand, but it went so smoothly and James was so good for everyone.
This last Thursday was my first day on my own in the Lehi clinic. I was filling in for someone who needed that day off. It went so well! And Friday was my first day at the Saratoga clinic. Each clinic is sort of different. The Saratoga office I will be doing a lot of Medical Assisting stuff so that is a bunch of new stuff that I feel pretty out of place on but I am picking it up. It's actually fun being able to incorporate the MA stuff along with my Rad Tech stuff. And I love the people I work with! That definitely makes a difference.
I am grateful for this opportunity. It was just what I needed. It will be nice being able to mainly stay at home with James but to also be able to contribute in my field and stay up to date on it as well.





Congrats! Sounds ideal.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Rachelle! That is so awesome!
ReplyDeleteThat is so great! It is wonderful to be a stay at home mom but you need a little bit of time for yourself too. I'm so happy this worked out for you!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you, I know so many people who have graduated and not able to find a job, you seemed to have hit the gold mine, just being able to work one day a week!! Congrats!!
ReplyDelete