home about we believe diy crafts

Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Years

Holy cow I have a hard time blogging.

Well, here we are starting a new year. Now we're not the type to make New Years Resolutions but this year Carson and I thought it would be a good idea to try one since we have a problem....

We tend to criticize others

Whether it be while driving, at the grocery store, at school....whatever we find something to criticize someone about! haha I guess we get irritated easy.

I found that once I started criticizing it just escalated and ultimately made me in a bad mood. When Carson and I both criticized someone together, it was just bad new because we fed off of each other, usually resulting in both of us being in a bad mood and being annoyed by everyone.

So....one day we decided we need to stop criticizing.

Reasons:
first- it's not the right way to view people (I mean come on, I have faults too and I'm sure there are people out there criticizing me)....Do unto others as thou wouldst have them do unto you
second- we found it was making us unhappy

Result: Well, it's only been a few weeks but I really can tell a difference. Now we are not perfect and at times find ourselves starting to criticize, but we quickly correct our actions. The other day we were at the grocery store. Carson was saying something to me and I couldn't hear him because this guy was talking SO loud on his phone. I was super frustrated and almost mumbled to Carson, "Well, if this guy wasn't talking so loud I could maybe hear what you are saying." but I bit my tongue and thought of my resolution and my frustration vanished almost instantly.

We are a work in progress :) So far it's been a good experience.



2 comments:

  1. I made almost the same resolution for myself! I found that I was becoming less and less patient with all people and eventually realized it was because I just say how stupid people are all day at work! I have tried to stop too and I agree with you, the change is quite noticeable. I think you are doing a great job by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete